- Collaboration is the key. Multiple people working and engaging in a shared space.
- Information is here. A librarian/curator/information person will always be present to act as a guide and connector of people and ideas. Through social software, users can share books/media.
- Community is at the center of this experiment. It is both local and virtual. The space is dictated by us, the users.
- Workable and non-invasive. Working can be anything: building software, plotting a new business, writing, reading, telling stories to kids.
- Accessible and usable, it will endeavor to create both a financially, physically and psychologically accessible space.
- Open and free for everyone. What happens here will be transparent and open. People working in collaborative spaces and talking about their ideas.
- Sustainable and ecological because sharing space is better for the planet.
- Beautiful and flexible because this makes it desirable to be there. Art will be incorporated in the space and change regularly.
The community decides what else happens here: movie nights (aka CitiCinema), openings, book clubs, demoshackathons (like Mash Pits), meetings, non-profit events, seminars’, salons’, art shows, book launches, meetups, etc.
This space will be downtown, in an accessible urban area, wireless (with laptop locks, etc), welcoming, friendly and serious.
It will NOT be a crashpad, library, lounge, restaurant, private, exclusive, remote, sterile.
Most important, there will be good people here and therefore good things will happen because this is a coworking environment.
Are you with me?